Beer Cheese and Summer Sausage Dip
Beer cheese and summer sausage dip is all your party favorites rolled into one! It has creamy base with salty summer sausage, shredded cheese, green onions and of course, beer!
BEER CHEESE AND SUMMER SAUSAGE DIP
(Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase)
If you haven’t noticed already, I like to make dips for parties. I have many different variations of dips on my blog and I love them all! I would never be able to pick a favorite. People expect me to bring some sort of dip to a party and if I don’t, they think something is wrong! I love experimenting and coming up with different combinations of dips because, let’s face it, there are endless combinations.
I was day dreaming the other day about food (like I always do) and I was trying to think of what I can make for the super bowl. I thought to myself “what are some popular party foods and I can reinvent?” Then it hit me: there is always a meat and cheese tray at the food table, so why not put the meat in my dip? That is how beer cheese and summer sausage dip came to be!
This beer cheese and summer sausage dip has so many levels of flavor. The creaminess from the cream cheese and sour cream make for a smooth base. The ranch packet, Dijon mustard and garlic powder add an amazing punch of flavor. Then, the green onions, cheddar cheese and summer sausage add great texture. Lastly: the beer. Using your favorite beer really takes it over the top and makes the dip have a subtle, but tangy beer taste!
How to make this dip:
As always, make sure your cream cheese is softened. It makes it blend easier with the sour cream.
I used full-fat sour cream for this dip because I like the thickness of it. You can use lite sour cream if you’d like. You may not need as much beer then.
I used mild cheddar cheese in my dip. You can use any kind you’d like.
For serving, you can use pretzels, crackers, slices of bread or any other thing you can think of. The dip holds up well, so virtually anything can be used.
Do you have plans for the super bowl? Is your team still in it? My team was never in it but it’s still fun to watch! If you make this dip, let me know!
- 2 (8-ounce ) packages of cream cheese,, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (1-ounce ) packet of ranch dressing mix
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup of your favorite beer
- 3 green onions sliced thin, , green parts only
- 8 ounces of summer sausage,, sliced, then cut into small chunks *see note*
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- pretzels, crackers or bread for serving
- With an electric mixer (I used my Kitchenaid mixer), combined the softened cream cheese, sour cream, packet of ranch, garlic powder and Dijon mustard. green onions, summer sausage and beer until combined.
- While still mixing, slowly add in the beer until well combined.
- Fold in the green onion, summer sausage and cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with pretzels, crackers or bread!
- I used ¾ of a 12-ounce package/roll of summer sausage. Feel free to use all 12 ounces if you want more meat in it. The 12-ounce package was the smallest at my store. If you can find a smaller one, that’s awesome!