Berry Banana Bread
BERRY BANANA BREAD
One of my favorite things to bake is banana bread. Partly because it’s simple to make and partly because I’m not a very good baker so when I make banana bread, I feel pretty good. I’ve never gone out of my comfort zone when it come to banana bread. I usually make my no-fail recipe for banana bread and it turns out the same and tastes great every time.
I was feeling a little ambitious and wanted to do something I’ve never done before and make this berry banana bread. I ended up with a ton of bananas that turned brown pretty quick. My daughter loves bananas, but she couldn’t eat them fast enough. I also bought 3 bags of frozen fruit the other day because they were on sale at my local grocery store. It was a no brainer that I needed to try a new recipe with my abundance of brown bananas and frozen fruit.
I needed to tweak my easy banana bread recipe to make it so I could bake the berry banana bread in my Bundt pan. Plus, add loads of berries. It took me a few times to get the recipe just right. The first time I made it, I just doubled my easy banana bread recipe and added berries. It tasted ok, but it was off. The second time, I added more sugar and cut the flour down just a little bit. Also, my original recipe calls for 3 bananas. I only used 4 in this recipe because they were huge bananas and it worked well. Now I have a ton of banana bread! Good thing my hubby can take a bunch to work ????
Berry banana bread tips:
- Make sure your bananas are nice and brown. This not only helps make them easier to mash, it also helps to sweeten the bread because the riper the bananas, the sweeter they are.
- You can use any kind of berries you’d like. I used dark cherries, raspberries and strawberries. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces if they are whole. It’s easy to cut them frozen with a sharp knife.
- If you don’t have a Bundt pan, you can make this in 2 loaf pans.
Enjoy your weekend friends! It’s going to be too cold here for us to do anything so it’s soup and football all weekend for us!
- 4 large, brown bananas
- 2/3 cup melted butter, not margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups frozen berries, if whole, cut into smaller pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl or kitchen aid mixer until there are minimal chunks left.
- To the bananas, add the melted butter, both sugars, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- To the banana mixture, add the flour and baking soda. Mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold the berries into the batter until just incorporated.
- Evenly spread the batter into a Bundt pan or 2 large loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick is inserted into the bread and it comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool before removing it from the Bundt pan or loaf pans.