I was feeling a little ambitious and wanted to do something I’ve never done before and make this berry banana bread. I bought a ton of bananas, and also 3 bags of frozen fruit. It was a no brainer that I needed to try a new recipe with my abundance of brown bananas and frozen fruit.
- 4 large, brown bananas
- 2/3 cup melted butter (not margarine)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups frozen berries (if whole, cut into smaller pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl or kitchen aid mixer until there are minimal chunks left.
- To the bananas, add the melted butter, both sugars, eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- To the banana mixture, add the flour and baking soda. Mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold the berries into the batter until just incorporated.
- Evenly spread the batter into a Bundt pan or 2 large loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick is inserted into the bread and it comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool before removing it from the Bundt pan or loaf pans.