Biscuits and Gravy
BISCUITS AND GRAVY
Biscuits and gravy is my go-to dinner when I really don’t feel like cooking. I normally have all the ingredients on hand so if I’m feeling worn out or just not in the mood to cook, I make this. We try to eat out as little as possible so even if I don’t feel like cooking, I make something.
I like making biscuits and gravy because it takes less than 20 minutes to make, and it is really filling so I usually don’t make anything else to go with it. My husband loves biscuits and gravy because, well gravy. He loves to slather things in sauce and gravy so it’s the perfect meal for him. It is also inexpensive to make. I buy the biscuits and breakfast sausage at Aldi and there are only a few other ingredients that are staples in my pantry and refrigerator, like milk, flour and spices. It is also a very kid-friendly meal.
I mean what kid doesn’t like a big, yummy biscuit smothered in thick gravy and sausage? And obviously you don’t have to be a kid to enjoy this because it is one of our favorites!
Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage cooked
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 TSP dried parsley
- 2 TSP pepper
- 2 TSP seasoning salt
- 1 package jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven and cook your biscuits according to the package directions.
- When there is about 8 min left of cooking on the biscuits, start cooking your sausage in a medium skillet.
- When the sausage is fully cooked, sprinkle the flour on top of the sausage, stirring until all pieces are coated in flour.
- Turn heat to medium and slowly add in the milk and seasonings. Continue to gently stir until gravy comes to a simmer and starts to thicken.
- Let the gravy simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve over warm buttermilk biscuits.
Recipe NotesIf the gravy looks too thick (sometimes that happens) just add milk one tablespoon at a time until it is your desired consistency.