I like making biscuits and gravy because it takes less than 20 minutes to make, so if I’m feeling worn out or just not in the mood to cook, I make this.
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage, cooked
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 TSP dried parsley
- 2 TSP pepper
- 2 TSP seasoning salt
- 1 package jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven and cook your biscuits according to the package directions.
- When there is about 8 min left of cooking on the biscuits, start cooking your sausage in a medium skillet.
- When the sausage is fully cooked, sprinkle the flour on top of the sausage, stirring until all pieces are coated in flour.
- Turn heat to medium and slowly add in the milk and seasonings. Continue to gently stir until gravy comes to a simmer and starts to thicken.
- Let the gravy simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve over warm buttermilk biscuits.
If the gravy looks too thick (sometimes that happens) just add milk one tablespoon at a time until it is your desired consistency.