Caramel Apple Cookie Cobbler
Caramel apple cookie cobbler is the perfect fall dessert! Tender apples are baked with gooey caramel bits and cinnamon and topped with a crunchy oatmeal cookie crust! Add a scoop of ice cream to this warm dessert and you will be in heaven!
Caramel Apple Cookie Cobbler
(Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase)
Are you team apple or team pumpkin when it comes to fall desserts? I would have to give the (slight) advantage to apples this time of year. I just love how there are literally a million ways to cook/bake/eat an apple and they are so delicious this time of year.
A while back, I was rummaging through my grandma’s box of recipes, as I usually do when I need a little inspiration, and this recipe for caramel apple cookie cobbler instantly caught my eye. Actually, the original recipe had no mention of caramel anywhere, but me being a caramel apple fan, just HAD to add the caramel to this recipe!
Caramel apple cookie cobbler is just that: delicious, thinly sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, then combined with chewy and gooey caramel bits and baked with a sweet oatmeal cookie topping that is out of this world crunchy! To take this dessert to the next level, a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream is added to the top of the warm cobbler, then it’s instant food coma!
This recipe would be great as a holiday dessert, or just a relaxing weekend dessert!
How to make this cobbler
The apples: You can really use any kind of apple you want. I like to use Honeycrisp apples because they are my favorite, but Granny Smith or Braeburn apples would be great too!
Apple peeler: I highly recommend you invest in a good apple peeler. I promise it will pay for itself after the first time you use it. Plus, you’ll want to make this dessert multiple times, so you’ll need it. I bought this apple peeler last year and I love it!
Cutting the apples: You can cut the apples into slices or squares. It’s all about your preference.
Caramels: The caramels make this ultra-sweet and gooey. If you prefer, you can leave the caramels out. I like to use the Kraft Caramel Bits.
For the apples:
- 10 large apples, peeled and sliced or diced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cup caramel bits
For the crust:
- 5 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced apples into a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir well, then set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine the softened butter, sugar, egg white, vanilla and cinnamon until mixed well. Slowly add in the flour and mix well. With a wooden spoon, fold in the oats.
- Place the apples into a 9x13 pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the caramel bits on top of the apples.
- Crumble the crust mixture over the top of the apples until all the apples are almost covered.
- Bake 50 min to 1 hour until the crust is golden brown and the apples are nice and bubbly.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. (optional)
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 327Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 13mgSodium 115mgCarbohydrates 71gFiber 6gSugar 52gProtein 3g
**The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.**