Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate peanut butter cookies are a cookie lovers dream! These are a chewy chocolate cookie laced with creamy peanut butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips and baked to perfection! One bite and you’ll be hooked!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
(Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase)
Have you started to think about what kind of cookies you’re baking for Christmas? My family always takes a day early in December and bakes until we have no more room for cookies. I’m talking table and all counters full of cookies. Sometimes we need to set them in random places to cool because we bake so many.
New to our baking list this year are these chocolate peanut butter cookies. I mean, who can resist the classic and addicting flavors of chocolate and peanut butter? These chocolate cookies are packed with peanut butter flavor and laced with chocolate and peanut butter chips. These cookies aren’t for the average peanut butter cookie lover! You’ll love the chewy chocolate peanut butter cookie with bursts of chocolate and peanut butter chips.
If you’re still undecided about what kind of cookies to make, these will be a hit with anyone. You could also give my sugar cookies or vanilla mint cake mix cookies a try! Three amazing kinds of cookies for any cookie lover!
How to bake these cookies
Cocoa Powder: I like to use regular unsweetened cocoa powder. You could also use dark chocolate cocoa powder if you want.
Peanut butter: Regular creamy or chunky peanut butter work well here. If you want a little crunch, I would go with the crunchy peanut butter. It adds really great texture with the peanut butter and chocolate chips. I would not use natural peanut butter in this recipe.
Cookie Size: I use a medium size scoop when making these cookies. If you use a larger scoop, they would just need to bake a few minutes longer.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or with a kitchenaid mixer, combine the softened butter, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, espresso powder and cocoa powder. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until well mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Use a medium scoop to form cookie balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are slightly crisp and the middle is still slightly soft. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 cookies Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 36mgSodium 229mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 4g
**The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.**