Easy Banana Bread
Easy banana bread is sweet, full of great banana taste and is great as breakfast or dessert!
EASY BANANA BREAD
(Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase)
What is banana bread? Is it breakfast? Is it a dessert? A brunch item? The answer: it’s all three! I can truly say that I love banana bread and all its breakfast, dessert, brunch glory. At our house, we eat it as a dessert. I love it because it cures your sweet tooth dessert craving but it’s not overly sweet or sugary like cake or cookies would be.
The thing I love about this particular banana bread recipe is how easy it is to whip up. I’m talking one bowl and one spoon kind of easy. You just mix, pour into a loaf pan (or 2 mini ones) and bake! I also have a little confession to make: you would never find me eating a regular ol’ banana. I HATE the texture of bananas. They are just ones of those things I have a hard time eating by themselves.
So when I tell you that this banana bread is freaking delicious, it really is, coming from a banana hater like myself.
How to make this banana bread
Make sure you use very ripe bananas. I’m talking lots of black speckles on the outside. This will make them easier to mash and easier to blend with the other ingredients.
Bananas get sweeter as they ripen so your very ripe bananas may be pretty sweet. Taste a small piece and assess their sweetness. If you find they are really sweet, you can adjust the amount of sugar accordingly (such as only use 2 tablespoons of each sugar). I usually don’t adjust the amount of sugar in mine because I like it on the sweeter side, but you can adjust to your preference.
This recipe is great to add mix-ins to. Chocolate chips are a favorite mix in of ours. Can ya tell we like it sweet? Other options for mix-ins are: nuts (like almonds or pecans), or dried fruit (like cranberries or blueberries). Just add ¾ to 1 cup of your desired mix in!
I hope you enjoy this easy banana bread!
- 3 medium overripe bananas,, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter,, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey,, could sub pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan (aluminum, not glass). Alternatively, you could make 2 mini loaves of banana bread. In that case, grease those pans.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until minimal chunks remain. To the bananas add the melted butter, both sugars, the egg, honey and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- To the mixture, add the flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake @ 350 for 45-50 min or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle of the loaf and it comes out clean. For mini loaves, divide the batter among the 2 loaf pans and bake 30-35 min.
- Let it cool on a wire rack before you remove from the loaf pan or pans.