Easy Instant Pot Alfredo with Bowtie Noodles
EASY INSTANT POT ALFREDO WITH BOWTIE NOODLES
(This post contains affiliate links)
You guys, I seriously don’t know how I ever lived without an instant pot. It’s like the most magical cooking vessel in the world! I thought that my slow cooker was the most magical cooking vessel until I got my instant pot. I picked up this one from Amazon when it was on sale and I could not be happier. I had wanted to pick one up for some time, but I never got the courage to. Seems silly now that I think about it because of how easy it is to cook things in it. One of the easiest things I’ve made so far in my instant pot is alfredo with bowtie noodles. It only takes 3 (!!!) ingredients and 4 minutes cooking time to make and it comes out amazing every time. I love how you don’t need to precook anything. All the ingredients can go in together and voila!
Tips for the instant pot:
I always recommend reading the directions for your instant pot. You can read other people’s explanations all you want, but you’ll never fully understand until you read the actual directions that come with it.
- Don’t skip the water test. It may seem silly, but it really helps so you can get the feel for your instant pot and the water test makes sure that your pot actually works.
Be confident. People are sometimes intimidated by something new. Don’t be! The instant pot really is an amazing appliance and once you use it, you’ll love it!
Tips for the alfredo with bowties:
You can really use any type of pasta. I like bowties because they are cute but you can use macaroni, penne or rigatoni. They would all work wonderfully.
- I love using Bertolli brand alfredo sauce. The flavor is amazing and they have a few different kinds to choose from. They have a new one called “creamy basil alfredo sauce” and it is dynamite!
Using an alfredo sauce with garlic and/or basil already in it makes this dish even easier so you don’t need to add extra seasonings. If you have regular alfredo, I would recommend adding some garlic or other spices to spruce up the flavor.
Happy instant potting! 😀
- 16 oz box farfalle, bowtie pasta
- 2 15 oz jars Bertolli alfredo sauce, I love the new creamy basil flavor
- 1 ½- 2 jars water
- Pour 1 jar of alfredo sauce into the bottom of your instant pot. Add 1 jar full of water to the sauce.
- Add the whole box of pasta to the instant pot.
- Pour the remaining jar of sauce over the noodles.
- Give the pasta and sauce a stir.
- Add enough water on top to just cover the noodles. Will be ½ to 1 jar full.
- Close the lid to your instant pot. Make sure the valve on the lid is in the “sealing” position.
- Make sure your instant pot is on “high pressure”. If you need to change the pressure, hit the orange “pressure” button and change to high pressure. Hit the “manual” button and hit either “+ or –“ until the minutes read “4”. The pot will beep and you are on your way! It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure before the 4-minute countdown will begin. The little silver pin will pop and your countdown will begin shortly after.
- When the 4-minute countdown ends, the pot will beep again. Hit the “cancel/keep warm” button and turn the valve on the lid to “venting” for a quick release. Make sure the valve is facing away from you because hot steam comes out. I use an oven mit to turn the valve to venting so that steam doesn’t spray on me.
- When the pot is depressurized, the silver needle will fall. You can remove the lid. The sauce will look watery. Just give it a stir and let it sit for a few minutes.