Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
INSTANT POT STUFFED PEPPERS
(This post contains affiliate links)
Are you in love with your instant pot like I am? Are you still in the deciding phase of whether you want to make the investment? I can honestly tell you that I have used this thing so many times that is has already paid for itself. I love making all sorts of things in it and I love that you just put your ingredients in the pot, set it and go! It’s so easy!
Speaking of easy, these instant pot stuffed peppers have quickly become one of my favorite things to make in my instant pot! They come together so quickly, and they take hardly any effort at all!
If you need more reasons to love these peppers, they are packed with healthy elements, like ground turkey and bulgur. They have lots of different spices and cheese, of course! Stuffed peppers must have cheese, am I right?!
One last thing I love about these instant pot stuffed peppers is that they are so versatile! You can easily add or substitute anything in this recipe and it will turn out delicious!
How to make instant pot stuffed peppers
The peppers: you can use any/color of peppers you like. I chose green because they were on sale, but any color will do! Also, make sure you get ones that are large. If they are too small, you will have leftover filling and you don’t want that.
The meat: I like using ground turkey in this recipe, but you can substitute ground beef or ground chicken. If you use ground beef, just make sure it’s on the leaner side so you don’t have excess oil in your peppers.
The bulgur: Bulgur give this recipe a subtle nutty flavor and I love how easily it blends with the ground turkey. If you don’t like bulgur or can’t find it, you can use quinoa, white rice or brown rice in its place.
The seasoning: I tend to add a lot of seasonings to my stuffed peppers. I think that with the ground turkey and bulgur you need a fair amount of seasonings. If you think the amount I have listed might be too much, just use half of them 😊. You can always add more after they are cooked.
Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers
These instant pot stuffed peppers have quickly become one of my favorite things to make in my instant pot! They come together so quickly, and they take hardly any effort at all!
- 4 large peppers, tops cut off and diced, seeds taken out and peppers rinsed off
- 1 cup water for the bottom of the instant pot
For the filling:
- 1- pound ground turkey
- 1 cup cooked bulgur quinoa or rice
- 1 6.5 ounce can mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- Diced pepper tops
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup jarred marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
For the top of the peppers
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- ¼ cup mozzarella
- Pour 1 cup of water into your instant pot and place the trivet in the pot.
- Mix all the ingredients under “for the filling” in a large bowl. I just use my hands to make sure it’s all incorporated together.
- Once the filling is all mixed together, start stuffing your peppers. You want to stuff them pretty full, but not push down too hard so the pepper rips. Place each pepper in your instant pot on the trivet.
- Once all the peppers are stuffed, spoon the remaining ¼ cup of marinara on top of the peppers, evenly.
- Close the lid. Make sure your valve is set to “sealing”. Press the “manual” button and either the “+ or –“ button until you reach 15. The instant pot will beep, and voila!
- Once the timer beeps when the 15 minutes is up, do a quick release by moving the valve to “venting”. Once the silver pin drops, the pot is depressurized. Take the lid off and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the peppers. Place the lid back on for a few minutes to let the cheese melt.
Check out these other instant pot recipes!