Italian Hoagie Dip
Italian Hoagie Dip is the perfect appetizer to feed a crowd! Three different kinds of meat, lots of veggies, chunks of cheese and dressing make this an irresistible dip that everyone will love!
ITALIAN HOAGIE DIP
Happy Labor Day weekend friends! I hope you are having a great time with friends and family! If you’re like me, you love a good Italian sandwich. Or any Italian meal for that matter. There is just something about Italian food that screams comfort to me and I love it. One of my favorite and easy Italian party foods to make is this Italian hoagie dip. It is all the goodness of an Italian sandwich, but in the form of a dip. Cool huh? What I really love about this dip is its versatility. You can put whatever veggies and meats you would normally put on your Italian sandwich into this dip and it will be perfection.
Italian hoagie dip tips:
As I said, you can use whatever meats you would like. I like to use salami, pepperoni and ham, but turkey, capicola or mortadella would also be great. Choosing 3 different kinds of meats makes for a great variety.
Any kind of cheese would be great here also. I like mozzarella, but provolone or swiss would be good. Cheese = love, so you can’t go wrong.
Veggies are dealer’s choice also when it comes to this dip. I like olives, onions and banana peppers, but tomatoes and bell peppers would also be great here.
I like the crispness of iceberg lettuce in this dip. You can substitute romaine or even spinach if you like those options better.
I love using the mayo made with olive oil. You can also use regular mayo and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
I recommend making this the day of your party just so your veggies stay crisp and meat stays fresh.
Have a great rest of your weekend friends!
- 5 cups lettuce,, chopped
- ½ cup black olives,, sliced
- ½ cup banana peppers,, chopped
- ½ cup red onion,, diced
- 1 (5-ounce) package Hormel pepperoni,, sliced into smaller pieces
- 1 (5-ounce) package Hormel salami,, sliced into smaller pieces
- 1 (6-ounce) package boiled ham,, such as Oscar Mayer, sliced into small pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) block of mozzarella cheese,, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup mayo with olive oil,, such as Kraft
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf French bread,, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together the lettuce, black olives, banana peppers, red onion, pepperoni, salami, ham and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper, garlic powder and red wine vinegar.
- Pour the mayo mixture over the lettuce mixture and stir until everything is coated evenly.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Serve with sliced French bread or crackers.
You can serve with any kind of bread you like or any kind of crackers. Sourdough bread would be a great option or club crackers.