This dip is so easy to prepare and so fantastic to eat. It has a layer of cream cheese, followed by chicken coated in a rich sesame sauce. Then comes the crunch with coleslaw mix and to round out the dip, a few green onions sprinkled on top.
- 2 (8oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup sesame sauce (I LOVE P.F. Chang’s Sesame Sauce)
- 1 ½ cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (12oz) package wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt
To make wonton chips:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cut all your wonton wrappers on a diagonal.
- Brush one side of the wonton wrapper with vegetable oil and place it on a parchment lined baking sheet, oil side up (I HIGHLY recommend using parchment paper to prevent burning). Do this until the whole baking sheet is full (I only do one baking sheet at a time, so they cook evenly). Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 5-7 minutes until the chips are golden brown. Be very careful because they will go from almost done to burnt in no time so keep a close watch.
- Repeat until all the wrappers are baked. Let them cool a little and place them into a container. You can store these in an air tight container until ready to serve.
For the dip:
- Spread the softened cream cheese on the bottom of your preferred pan/plate. Make sure it’s evenly spread out.
- For the next layer, in a medium bowl combine the chicken and the sesame sauce and mix well. Spoon the chicken onto the cream cheese and spread out evenly.
- Next, spread the coleslaw mix evenly on top of the chicken, then sprinkle the green onions over the top.
- Serve with homemade wonton chips, crackers or tortilla chips.