Mini Triple Chocolate Cakes
Mini triple chocolate cakes are every chocolate lover’s dream! Chocolate cake combines with chocolate pudding mix and chocolate chips to make to an ultra-decadent dessert you are sure to fall in love with!
MINI TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKES
(Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase)
Happy Friday everyone! I am so excited because it’s my birthday weekend! I turn 29 on Sunday. It’s crazy that I am 29 already. Next year I’ll be the big 3-0 then it’s all downhill from there! In honor of my birthday being on Sunday, I made these amazingly chocolaty mini triple chocolate cakes.
This recipe came from my great grandma Jane and it is the best chocolate cake recipe on the planet (I may be a little bias, but I really do think it rocks!) This cake is packed with flavor. It is very chocolaty, which is what you want when you eat chocolate cake, but it doesn’t seem overbearing. All the different levels of chocolate contribute in a different way, which makes the cake work so well. The devil’s food cake is the perfect chocolaty base. The chocolate pudding mix adds a smooth, chocolaty flavor and it keeps the cake moist and the chocolate chips add another burst of chocolate when you bit into a mini cake.
I don’t think I’ve ever written the word “chocolate” more times than in this post (haha).
One of the best parts about these mini cakes is there is no need for frosting. It cannot get any easier. The only thing they need is a little dusting of powdered sugar and voilà!
Chocolate cake tips:
You can make this a regular size cake, as well as in a Bundt pan. It will taste just as good as the mini ones. The baking time will just have to be adjusted.
I love this mini square baking pan for these mini cakes. They work perfectly!
Make sure to let the cakes cool completely before removing from the pan (this goes for all types of pans). The chocolate chips need time to get firm again inside the cake.
I hope you have a great weekend! I’ll be relaxing with my little family tomorrow and on Sunday I’ll be getting Caribou coffee in the morning (I LOVE Caribou), having Chinese food for lunch (My fave) and eating a mini cake (or two)!
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips,, or regular size
- 1 cup sour cream,, full fat
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
- 4 eggs
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray your mini cake pans with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed. When everything is mixed well, fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spoon 1/3 cup mixture into each greased mini cake pan. You should get 18-20 mini cakes. Bake for 18-20 min, or until you insert a toothpick into the middle of one of the cakes and it comes out clean.
- Let them cool completely before removing them from the pan. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top when ready to eat.
- My grandma always used a Bundt pan for this cake and her original recipe said bake 40-50 minutes. Just watch closely and test with a toothpick.
- She also used Rum in her original recipe. If you choose to do that, use ½ cup cold coffee and ½ cup rum. It tastes great either way!