This soup has so many big chunks of mushrooms, carrots, onions and plenty of wild rice! As an added bonus, wild rice is high in protein and gluten free!
For the soup:
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced (I buy whole mushrooms and slice them myself, they are cheaper)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 ½ cups wild rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons each dried thyme, garlic powder and parsley
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- Add all the ingredients under “for the soup” into the slow cooker and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Right before serving, melt butter on stove. Once melted add the flour and stir to make a paste. Slowly add in the milk and stir. Once it starts to thicken, take it off the heat and pour it into the slow cooker and stir.
- The soup should thicken in no time. If it’s too thick, you can add in more vegetable stock or water to thin it out.