Tender and juicy chicken combined with fresh mushrooms and delicious spinach make this a meal you can make in a snap any night of the week!
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 8oz package mushrooms sliced, or buy pre-sliced ones
- 2 cups cellentani pasta, or your favorite pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 10oz box frozen chopped spinach thawed and with the water squeezed out or 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil. Once it is heated, cook chicken over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender
- Add the pasta along with the water, salt, pepper, onion powder and basil to the pan. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down to simmer and cook until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes
- Add spinach, cream and parmesan cheese and continue simmering until cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with more shredded parmesan to your liking
If the sauce ends up too thick, just add a few more dashes of cream or water to thin it out.
Modified slightly from the original recipe found here: Chef-in-training