Pepperoni Pizza Panzanella
Pizza is one of those things that everybody loves. And if you say you don’t like it, I don’t believe you ?. I personally am a fan of a good old pepperoni pizza with black olives. That is my go-to pizza when we order pizza. What I don’t like is the greasiness of pizza. Even when you make it homemade, it seems to get greasy no matter what you put on it, at least in my opinion.
I was Pinteresting the other day and there were numerous pins on my feed that were for Panzanella. I was like that looks really good! There were a bunch of different ways to make it and it seemed like no two recipes were the same. They all had bread, some kind of tomatoes and dressing. Other than those few things, they all had different ingredients that made them unique.
I got to thinking: I could totally make pizza panzanella! I could use bread, pepperoni, veggies and pizza sauce! It’s all the goodness of pizza without loads of greasiness.
For my Panzanella I used day old French bread that I cut into big pieces, pepperoni sticks that I cut into chunks, loads of onions, black olives, peppers, mozzarella pearls that are to die for, and my homemade pizza sauce. It turned out so good and it was so easy to make! It is great for a light lunch or dinner!
- 1 loaf of day old bread cut into chunks, you can use any kind you would like French bread, ciabatta or sour dough would taste great!
- 1 package Hormel diced pepperoni, mini pepperoni or any kind of meat you would like (cooked Italian sausage would be the bomb!)
- ½ cup each any kind of veggies you like on your pizza, I used green peppers, black olives and red onion
- 1 8 oz package mozzarella pearls or 1 cup shredded mozzarella, I like the pearls because it’s like a burst of cheese flavor when you eat one
- ¾ cup – 1 ½ cups your favorite pizza sauce, or my homemade pizza sauce
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top at the end
- In a big bowl combine your bread, veggies, pepperoni (or other meat choice) and mozzarella pearls.
- Add the pizza sauce on top, little by little until all the pieces are coated to your liking
- Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese