The pork chops are seared to a golden brown, then baked in with the cheesy and creamy potatoes. After they are baked, the pork chops are topped with cheese and Frenches onions. Plus, how could you not love a recipe that has cheesy potatoes!?
- 4-6 Pork Chops- I like mine on the thinner side
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (26-30 ounce) bag shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed, *see notes*
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups Frenches fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season your pork chops with salt and pepper on each side.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, sear your pork chops until they are golden brown on the outside. It will only take a minute on each side. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the cream of celery, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, parsley and salt together until combined. Stir in the hash browns, 1 cup of cheddar cheese and ½ cup Frenches fried onions until well combined.
- Spread the potatoes into the bottom of a greased 9×13 glass baking dish, making sure they are in an even layer.
- Arrange your pork chops on top of the potatoes so they are evenly spread out.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and evenly divide the rest of the Frenches onions on top of all the pork chops. Then evenly divide the rest of the cheese on top of the onions. Bake uncovered for an additional 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Any sized package of potatoes between 26 and 30 ounces will work for this recipe. Some stores only carry the 30-ounce bag. I found a 26-ounce bag at Walmart. It will work out the same.