Raspberry White Chocolate Palmiers
RASPBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE PALMIERS
Hi Friends! Happy Sunday! It is a happy Sunday at my house because I made raspberry white chocolate palmiers! These are just the cutest little breakfast/treat/snack/dessert (I could go on and on) and they are so simple to make. You only need 4 ingredients to make these delicious little babies and they are sure to impress your friends. Whenever I’m craving something sweet, these palmiers always come to mind. I love the sweetness of the white chocolate paired with the subtle tartness of the raspberries. That is such a classic combination.
The real star of the show here is the puffed pastry. I could literally just bake this stuff and eat it. It gets so fluffy and airy and that, combined with the raspberries and white chocolate, makes these taste like heaven. The hardest part about these is waiting for them to cool down a bit after they bake ?
Make sure your puffed pastry is thawed enough to handle, but not too thawed where it gets sticky. Mine usually takes about 30 min to thaw to the right temperature. Yours may take a little longer or a little less depending on the temperature of your house.
- I love to use raspberries in my palmiers, but you could use any kind of pie filling you like.
- You can sub regular or dark chocolate for the white chocolate. It’s all about what kind of fruit/chocolate pairing you like.
You can eat these with or without the drizzle. It all depends on how sweet you like it.
Hope you have a great Sunday! I’ll be cheering for a Packers victory! Go Pack! 💚💛
- 1 12 oz can raspberry pie filling, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, chopped and divided
- 1 box, 2 sheets frozen puffed pastry dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 4-6 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 425
- Lay out your puffed pastry dough onto a floured surface. Spread half of the raspberry pie filling onto each puffed pastry sheet, spreading it out as evenly as possible and as close to the edge as you can. Sprinkle half of the white chocolate onto each puffed pastry sheet over the top of the raspberry pie filling, evenly.
- Start rolling each end toward the middle to make 2 small pinwheel-like rolls. Do this with both sheets. When rolled, place onto parchment lined baking sheet and place into the freezer for 10 min to get firm.
- After 10 minutes, take one roll out of the freezer at a time and with a sharp knife, cut the roll into 14 pieces. They should be about 1/2- inch think pieces.
- Place the cut pieces flat onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Do this until all pieces are cut and egg washed. You will need 2 pans.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until palmiers are golden brown and puffy.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- If you are using the drizzle, combine all the ingredients and mix until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the cooled palmiers.