Sheet Pan Breakfast
SHEET PAN BREAKFAST
You guys, I just discovered sheet pan meals and boy have I been missing out on all the fun! Who would have known you can make a whole meal on one pan with hardly any clean up! It’s so awesome! You’re probably thinking where has this lady been? Living under a rock, apparently. I thought that breakfast would be a great place to start because I love breakfast and it seemed the easiest.
I wanted to do my own thing with this sheet pan breakfast to test the waters a bit and see how things would taste if I put all my favorite breakfast components onto the pan. The verdict: it turned out better than I thought it would. The hash browns were cooked perfectly, the sausage links were browned on the outside and the eggs were ever-so-slightly runny just like I like them. The best part about this breakfast is that it took less than 40 minutes from start to finish. I’d say that’s a win!
The components of this winning sheet pan breakfast include:
Shredded hash browns- just plain old shredded hash browns that I seasoned with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Feel free to use the ones with peppers and onions.
- Sausage links- I cut them into small pieces so they would cook nicely on the pan.
- Eggs- I used 5 eggs for this recipe- feel free to use more, but I would say no more than 8. They will take up too much space if there are more than 8 on the pan.
- Cheese- no breakfast is complete without cheese. I used 1 cup cheddar cheese for this recipe, but any kind would be good.
That’s it! Just a few simple ingredients made a great, filling meal, which we happened to eat for dinner 😀
- 1 30 oz package shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package sausage links, sliced into thin pieces (I used frozen ones and sliced them with a sharp knife and it worked great)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Dried parsley, for garnish
- Hot sauce, optional my husband put some on his and said he loved it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spread the whole bag of hash browns onto a cookie sheet (the biggest one you have). Make sure they are in a thin layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min.
- While the hash browns are cooking, slice your sausage links into thin pieces.
- After the 20 minutes is up, take the hash browns out of the oven, evenly spread the sausage over the hash browns, crack up to 8 eggs on top of the hash browns and sausage (as evenly spaced out as possible) then sprinkle with cheese. Add a little dash of salt and pepper on top of the eggs for flavor.
- Bake another 9-12 minutes depending on how runny you like your eggs. I baked mine for 11 min and the sausage was perfect and the eggs were only slightly runny.
- Garnish with parsley and hot sauce.