What I love most about this recipe is that you can eat it a lot of different ways. You can eat it with mashed potatoes and veggies. You can eat in in a wrap with lettuce and tomato. The possibilities are endless with this incredibly tender meat.
- 1 (2-3 pound) roast, I used a beef bottom round roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (14.4 ounce) package frozen white pearl onions
- 2 cups barbeque sauce, I used Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, I used 1 tablespoon of jarred minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Generously salt and pepper the roast and place it into the slow cooker. Dump the whole bag of onions around the roast.
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and pour it over the roast and onions.
- Slow cook for 8 hours. Around hour 7 I usually take out the roast and shred it then put it back into the sauce and let it hang out the remaining hour.
- Serve as sandwiches, with mashed potatoes or any way you’d like!