Slow Cooker BBQ Beef
SLOW COOKER BBQ BEEF
I’ve got another slow cooker recipe coming at ya! Was one of your new year’s resolutions to make more slow cooker recipes? If it was, I’ve got a great recipe for you. I adapted this recipe for slow cooker BBQ beef from my grandma’s recipe (I’m sure you’re not surprised ????). Her version of the recipe was for the oven, but I always love the way beef tastes after it’s been slow cooked all day, so I went with the slow cooker version instead. Let me tell you, it is so darn good, and it is so easy to prepare. It only takes a few ingredients that you may already have in your pantry.
What I love most about this recipe is that you can eat it a lot of different ways. My husband and I love to eat our BBQ beef on a nice big bun with some provolone cheese. You can eat it with mashed potatoes and veggies. You can eat in in a wrap with lettuce and tomato. The possibilities are endless with this incredibly tender meat. I feel like I say, “the possibilities are endless” a lot, but I love recipes that you can enjoy more than one way and this recipe is no different. Plus, you can use virtually any size roast and have left overs for the next day! Heellooo amazing lunch!
Slow cooker barbequed beef notes:
Like I said above, you can use any sized roast that fits your budget/family size. I used a 2.25lb roast for this recipe and it made plenty for my family of 2 ½ (my daughter doesn’t eat that much so she is the ½ ????)
- I love using a frozen bag of pearl onions for this recipe for 2 reasons: one, you don’t have to chop onions and cry, and two, I love the little bursts of onions in my shredded meat.
- Speaking of shredded meat, that is how we like to have this BBQ beef. You can also slice it (if it doesn’t fall apart on you, which it probably will because it is THAT tender).
If you plan on eating this as more of a pot roast style meal, you could definitely add carrots and celery to the slow cooker to cook with the meat then serve it with mashed potatoes. I recommend my mashed potatoes, of course 😀
I hope you are all enjoying your new year! Mine is off to a slow start, but I am okay with that!
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef
- 1 2-3 pound roast, I used a beef bottom round roast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 14.4 ounce package frozen white pearl onions
- 2 cups barbeque sauce I used Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced, I used 1 tablespoon of jarred minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Generously salt and pepper the roast and place it into the slow cooker. Dump the whole bag of onions around the roast.
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and pour it over the roast and onions.
- Slow cook for 8 hours. Around hour 7 I usually take out the roast and shred it then put it back into the sauce and let it hang out the remaining hour.
- Serve as sandwiches, with mashed potatoes or any way you’d like!