Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Slowly cooked chicken combined with traditional taco seasoning and ranch seasoning make for a very easy, drool-worthy week night meal.
It’s taco time!
Up until I found this recipe, I had been making the traditional ground beef tacos. Sure, the beef tacos are delicious and easy, but these Chicken Tacos are the bomb dot com! I make these almost once a week now at the request of my husband and I am a-ok with that! We put the flavorful shredded chicken into taco boats and bake them with cheese on top to get it all melty and gooey then add our favorite taco toppings. It seriously takes about 3 minutes to throw it into the slow cooker, about 3 minutes to shred it at the end, 7 minutes to melt the cheese on top and about 30 seconds to devour one taco. I’m literally drooling right now thinking about these little boats of taco goodness.
Hope you enjoy this as much as my husband and I do! Happy cooking!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Your favorite taco fixings
- Add chicken into the crockpot. Pour in the chicken broth then sprinkle the ranch seasoning and taco seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Shred the chicken with a fork to soak up all that taco-y goodness.
- Scoop as much as you’d like into taco boats or scoop into whatever kind of tortilla you choose
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake @ 350 for 6-8 min or until cheese is melted and the edges of the taco boats are a little crispy
- Pile on your favorite fixing and devour!
This chicken mixture also tastes good inside a quesadilla or on top of a bed of chips for nachos. The possibilities are endless with this stuff!
Original recipe found @ Repeat Crafter Me