These sugar cookies don’t need icing because they are super sugary, airy and just melt in your mouth. I can guarantee you won’t miss icing on these babies!
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil (I used canola oil, you can use vegetable oil too)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Add a pinch of salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer or with a kitchen aid mixer, cream both sugars and butter together until thoroughly combined. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add slowly and alternate the flour mixture and oil while mixing.
- Add in vanilla and mix until combined. Chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With a medium scoop (or with your hands) form dough balls and roll half the dough ball in color sugar. Place on baking sheet (ungreased), sugar side up.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown on the edges.
- Let them cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Makes about 4 dozen based on size