Sun Dried Tomato Pizza Sauce
SUN DRIED TOMATO PIZZA SAUCE
Homemade pizza sauce is where it’s at! I love how easy it is to make and how you can add whatever you want to it to make it unique to your pizza making preference. I love this recipe because it is a little sweet, a little tangy and it takes no time at all to whip up in the blender.
It makes enough to have several pizzas so you have an excuse to make homemade pizza more than one night this week 😀
- 3 oz package sun dried tomato halves
- ¼ cup white shallot
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic,, fresh minced or from a jar
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, shallot, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper and HALF of the water and HALF of the oil.
- It will look thick at this point. Continue adding water and oil little by little and blending until it is the consistency you like. You may need more than a half cup of each to make it the consistency you like.
You could also toss this with some pasta and Italian sausage because it can double as a pesto-like sauce. It’s delicious 🙂