These sloppy joes are a great balance of ketchup-y, meaty goodness. That, combined with the non-traditional ingredient of chicken gumbo soup, makes for an easy flavorful meal.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion-diced
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans chicken gumbo soup (I use Campbells)- drain one can (make sure you don’t lose any of the rice or chicken pieces from the soup. You just want to drain the liquid from one can)
- Brown ground beef with the diced onion until brown, then drain.
- To the meat add the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, seasoning salt, pepper and chicken gumbo soup.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite hamburger bun with some shredded cheese.
This makes quite a bit so my husband and I usually have a few Joes then I freeze the rest. Once you’re ready to eat the second half, just thaw in the fridge overnight and heat it up in a saucepan until warmed through.