Tater Tot Hot Dish
TATER TOT HOT DISH
Tater tot hot dish was one of the first meals I started making for myself when I went to college. I enjoyed making it because the ingredients were cheap (I was a broke college student), it made a TON (I could eat it for 3-4 days if it was just me eating it), and it’s very easy to make. I think that this is the perfect dish for when kids go back to school. It’s easy to whip up in the morning before work, and it’s equally as easy to whip up when you get home. The hardest part is cooking the hamburger, and that isn’t even hard.
Tater tot hot dish is packed full of flavor. The cream of mushroom soup combined with simple seasonings makes a great base for the dish. The corn, beans and onion add a nice balance of veggies. The cheese is, well cheese. It’s always delicious. And, of course, the tots. The star of the show. They bake right on top of dish so they soak up some of the flavor while getting a little crispy on top. This is sure to please the pickiest eaters 😀
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 2 10.5 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 14.5 oz can corn, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can green beans, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Colby jack cheese, or your favorite cheese, divided
- 1 TSP pepper
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1 TSP ground mustard
- 1 pound tater tots, my bag came as a 2 pound bag, and I just used half the bag
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together beef, cream of mushroom soup, corn, beans, onion, 1 cup of cheese and seasonings in a big bowl until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into a greased 9x13 pan and spread the mixture out evenly.
- Top the dish with an even layer of tater tots and ½ cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until tater tots are done and the dish is bubbly.