Tomato Beef Casserole
TOMATO BEEF CASSEROLE
The other day I was taking stock of what I had in my pantry. I do this often to see what I need to stock up on for my next shopping trip. While doing this, I noticed a mysterious can of golden mushroom soup in my pantry. How in the heck did it get there? Why would I have bought this and what do I do with it?
I had never cooked with golden mushroom soup before so I was intrigued. I did what any other person would do when they need a recipe and I went searching on Pinterest and found this great recipe (with a few tweaks, of course). It quickly became a family favorite!
- 1 bag 12 oz wide egg noodles (really any type of noodle would work in this dish)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 can 4 oz of sliced mushrooms, drained (or 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms, either would work)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can 10.75oz condensed tomato soup
- 1 can 10.75oz golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk 2% or whole would be the best
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or to taste
- ½ cup to 1 cup parmesan cheese or provolone I used 1 cup because cheese is love
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook noodles per package instructions, just to al dente. Drain when done cooking.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef with the salt, onion and mushrooms in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the condensed tomato soup, golden mushroom soup, milk, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir together.
- Add the cooked ground beef and the cooked (and drained) egg noodles. Stir together.
- Stir in half the cheese
- Pour into your prepared dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly
- Serve with garlic toast and/or a salad ?
Slightly modified from the original recipe found here: Together as Family