This casserole is the epitome of comfort food. Beef, tomatoes and mushrooms come together with perfectly cooked noodles to make this an easy, filling weeknight meal.
- 1 bag (12 oz) wide egg noodles (really any type of noodle would work in this dish)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 can (4 oz) of sliced mushrooms, drained (or 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms, either would work)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10.75oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (10.75oz) golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk (2% or whole would be the best)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- ½ cup to 1 cup parmesan cheese or provolone (I used 1 cup because cheese is love)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook noodles per package instructions, just to al dente. Drain when done cooking.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef with the salt, onion and mushrooms in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the condensed tomato soup, golden mushroom soup, milk, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir together.
- Add the cooked ground beef and the cooked (and drained) egg noodles. Stir together.
- Stir in half the cheese
- Pour into your prepared dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly
- Serve with garlic toast and/or a salad ?
Slightly modified from the original recipe found here: Together as Family