Tomato Beef Casserole
This casserole is the epitome of comfort food. Beef, tomatoes and mushrooms come together with perfectly cooked noodles to make this an easy, filling weeknight meal.
TOMATO BEEF CASSEROLE
The other day I was taking stock of what I had in my pantry. I do this often to see what I need to stock up on for my next shopping trip. While doing this, I noticed a mysterious can of golden mushroom soup in my pantry. How in the heck did it get there? Why would I have bought this and what do I do with it?
I had never cooked with golden mushroom soup before so I was intrigued. I did what any other person would do when they need a recipe and I went searching on Pinterest and found this great recipe (with a few tweaks, of course). It quickly became a family favorite!
Tomato Beef Casserole
- 1 (12 oz) bag wide egg noodles (really any type of noodle would work in this dish)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained (or 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms, either would work)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk, 2% or whole would be the best
- 2 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper or to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder or to taste
- ½ - 1 cup parmesan cheese or provolone, I used 1 cup because cheese is love
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook noodles per package instructions, just to al dente. Drain when done cooking.
- While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef with the salt, onion and mushrooms in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the condensed tomato soup, golden mushroom soup, milk, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir together.
- Add the cooked ground beef and the cooked (and drained) egg noodles. Stir together.
- Stir in half the cheese
- Pour into your prepared dish and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly
- Serve with garlic toast and/or a salad ?
Slightly modified from the original recipe found here: Together as Family