Vanilla Mint Cake Mix Cookies and the #FoodBloggerLove Cookie Exchange!
Sharing is caring!
VANILLA MINT CAKE MIX COOKIES
(this post contains an affiliate link)
Hi friends! Happy Monday! I know Mondays aren’t always the happiest day, but today it a happy day because I can FINALLY share this vanilla mint cake mix cookie recipe with you! If you have been following my blog (thank you so much, by the way!) then you know that I haven’t been blogging long. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and participate in the #FoodBloggerLove cookie exchange this year. I have to be honest, baking scares me a little. I have never been the best baker (I’m learning though!) and I was kind of scared to make cookies for bloggers/people that I don’t know. I have to toot my own horn a little because these cookies turned out great! They are so soft, minty and full of flavor! These cookies are great if you want to send them to someone. They keep their shape, yet stay soft while being sent. I made these for three other bloggers and in return, got three different cookies!
The first batch of cookies I got was from Terri at Our Good Life! I mean, look how cute and good these cookies look! You can find the recipe for her cookies at HERE
The second batch of cookies was from Audrey at That Recipe! These were so crunchy and flavorful and great dunked in a glass of milk! You can find the recipe for her cookies HERE
The final batch of cookies was from Deanna at Seduction In the Kitchen! These cookies were thick, yet soft and had an amazing frosting on top! You can find the recipe for her cookies HERE
These are just a few of the many cookies from the #FoodBloggerLove cookie exchange. You can find all of the other great recipes in the links below:
Let’s get back to my vanilla mint cake mix cookies. Cake mix cookies are great if you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to measure a bunch of ingredients. Cake mix cookies only require a few ingredients: a box of cake mix, oil, eggs and mix-ins! You can create any combination of flavors you want. There are seriously endless possibilities! I hope you have a fun time baking this holiday season! I know I will 😀
- 1 box super moist French vanilla cake mix, Betty Crocker
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup crushed mint Oreo thins
- ½ mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs together. I like to use my KitchenAid, but if you don’t have one, I suggest just using a wooden spoon. A hand mixer might not be able to do the job because this batter is pretty thick!
- Fold in the crushed cookies and mint chips.
- Drop the batter onto a cookie sheet into even cookies using a scoop or spoon. I like to use this scoop!
- With a spatula, flatten the cookies a little.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the edges and bottom.
- Let them cool slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- You should get about 20 cookies.
Sharing is caring!